Call for Poster Abstracts
The World Bosai Forum is accepting abstracts for consideration to be presented during the World Bosai Forum IDRC Sendai 2017 conference in Sendai, Japan from November 25 -28.
Submission starts May 15, 2017. Make sure to have your abstract ready for submission as spots for presentations are limited to 100 posters.
Students, fellows, faculty, practitioners, community professionals, and others are encouraged to submit abstracts on the following themes focusing on the four priorities for action of the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction SFDRR (http://www.unisdr.org/we/coordinate/sendai-framework):
- Understanding disaster risk
- Strengthening disaster risk governance to manage disaster risk
- Investing in disaster risk reduction for resilience
- Enhancing disaster preparedness for effective response and to “Build Back Better” in recovery, rehabilitation and reconstruction
Abstracts may address any topic relevant to the themes as outlined above. Your abstract can report on new research findings, educational programmes, implementation projects, community services, or evaluation and modelling.
Best Poster Award
During the World Bosai Forum, the three(3) best posters presented during the poster session will be selected. Evaluation criteria, prizes and awarding process will be announced to all authors of accepted poster abstracts.
- Each person may submit only one abstract as lead author. However, individuals can serve as a co-author on multiple abstracts.
- Abstracts are limited to 300 words and images are NOT allowed.
- Authors should not denote specific categories such as "Introduction," "Methods," and "Conclusion" (etc.) in the body of the abstract. The abstract should appear in one fluid paragraph.
- If you must cite a reference, please do so at the end of your abstract using the following format: author name, publication name, and year of publication, e.g., (Smith, J Pain, 2002).
- All accepted abstracts will be published in the World Bosai Forum Poster Collection. The publication will be published online for download and will be available to all conference participants. Please check your submission carefully before clicking the "Submit" button in the submission system. Abstracts will be published as they appear at the time of submission.
- All authors and their affiliations should be included with the abstract submission. Funding sources for the work, if any, should be acknowledged.
- Each abstract will be evaluated for the significance of the topic and its relevance to the conference theme, as well as the quality and clarity of the submission.
- Abstracts should be submitted for review online by July 7th, 2017 to the following website: link coming soon
All presenters MUST register and pay the appropriate conference registration fee. Advance registration is strongly recommended. Registration information will open in May 2017 and will be posted on www.worldbosaiforum.com/english/entry/
For any additional information on the submission of a poster abstract, please contact:
Ms. Jill Portmann
+41 81 414 1600
More information on the World Bosai Forum - including registration, speakers, program schedule updates, and sponsorships - can be found at: http://www.worldbosaiforum.com/english/entry/