Call for Abstracts
Your requests for an extension have been met. Due to numerous inquiries from our partners and participants, we have extended the deadline for the IDRC Davos 2014 call for papers to
Friday, 18 April 2014, 11:59:59pm CET
Authors from research, industry, policy, UN- and International Organizations, civil societies and the public are invited to submit abstracts within the overall framework of the IDRC Davos 2014 conference topics.
Authors are invited to apply for oral presentation. Please submit an abstract (max. 300 words, text only) including the goals, the methods and the findings of the topic to be presented. At a later stage, if your contribution was accepted, you will get an invitation to submit an extended abstract (max. 3-4 pages) for the electronic conference proceedings.
Authors are invited to apply for poster presentation, please submit an abstract (max. 300 words, text only) including the goals, the methods and the findings of the topic to be presented. At a later stage, if your contribution was accepted, you will get an invitation to submit your poster (as pdf) in order to include it into the electronic conference proceedings.
Organisations or individuals can organize a workshop to present their work, services or products. To host such a workshop an additional fee of € 2000 will be charged. You can apply for hosting a workshop by submitting a workshop description (maximum 800 words) describing the workshops goals and objectives.
Organizations and individuals can host and organize a 90 minutes session on one of the conference topics. The organizer of the session is responsible for the content, the moderation and the 4-7 speakers of the session. The session will be announced as “hosted by…” in the conference programme. Please submit your session description (maximum 800 words) including: background, objectives, aims & outcomes, list of speakers.
The selection of papers for presentation at the conference will follow a two stage process:
1. Review by the Scientific Committee and the Review board; After this a conditional acceptance will be issued. Abstracts will be evaluated by the Scientific committee based on the following criteria:
- Quality of Content
- Significance for practice and the HFA2
- Originality & Innovation
- Relevance for Integrative Risk Management
- Presentation and formal appearance
2. Final selection based on the extended abstract submission, registration to the summit and receipt of full payment by the deadline.
The Scientific Committee cannot guarantee that the presentation type of choice will be granted to authors. The decision of the Scientific Committee is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
There is no fee to submit an abstract.
All submitting authors will be asked to confirm the following statements:
- I have read, understand, and agree to the terms and conditions.
- With the submission of the abstract, I intent that the abstract will be presented at the IDRC Davos 2014 either by me, or another presenting author, listed in the co-author list of the abstract.
- I confirm that each co-author has been informed of this abstract submission and has agreed to all information as it was submitted.
Authors who submit abstracts are not automatically registered for the IDRC Davos 2014. In order to participate and present authors must register for the conference and pay the participation fee.
All presenting authors, whose abstracts have been accepted, MUST pay registration fees no later than 21 May 2014, otherwise their papers will be rejected.
If you wish to withdraw your abstract, please use the withdraw function within the IDRC Davos 2014 conference management tool directly.
Notification of Acceptance
Receipt of abstract submission will be acknowledged via email.
Why should you consider presenting?
- A chance to share and showcase good practice or research with others in the field.
- Opportunity to create networks and communities of practice with others interested in the same issues.
- An occasion to let others outside your own local area know your interests and/or strengths.
All accepted short abstracts will be published in the 5th IDRC Davos 2014 programme book. Extended abstracts and poster presentations will be made available to all IDRC Davos 2014 participants in an extended abstract submission collection and poster presentation collection.